The primary focus of the Billing Manager is to oversee the day to day billing operations while enforcing policies and procedures, as well as streamlining effective billing and collections processes to drive improvements and achieve corporate objectives. Reporting to the Head of Managed Care & Reimbursement, the Billing Manager must have experience in the molecular diagnostics or clinical laboratory industry working with Revenue Cycle Management and knowledge of commercial and government insurance.
• Work with external billing partner to achieve revenue objectives and resolution of payment disputes
• Works with internal finance, customer service, and reimbursement team to assist with projects as needed or perform other duties as assigned
• Monitors daily procedures and works with external billing partner to ensure smooth billing operations
• Plan and implement quality workflows for all billing processes
• Manage patient problem escalation and offer superior customer service
• Experience with credentialing and insurance verification programs
• Knowledge of coding for lab industry
• Knowledgeable of EFT, ERA, processes
• Proven ability to perform strategic planning and priority setting for a billing department
• Detail oriented with an Accounting background
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Understanding of HIPAA compliance and confidentiality policies and procedures
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently while working independently in a rapidly changing environment
• Healthcare/Laboratory/Hospital Billing experience is a must
• Must possess exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent technology skills, specifically in Word/Excel and cloud based programs
• Excellent attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Highly knowledgeable in government and medical insurance standards and practices
• College degree in accounting/finance/business management preferred
• Location: Waltham, MA Corporate office
• Ability to travel – 10%
What we offer:
• Competitive salary, expense reimbursement, and benefits package within a dynamic and growing company that is committed to improving patient healthcare.
• Opportunities to enhance your career with an emerging organization poised for significant growth.
Interested candidates should submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to include the job title in the subject line.