Bioinformatics Scientist [MBI07] - Munich/Martinsried
At Exosome Diagnostics we are looking for a Bioinformatics Scientist to work as a multi-role software developer and data analyst in our informatics group. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, can drive/own projects, and can collaborate effectively across the organization with colleagues both in the USA and Germany.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist scientific staff with exploratory analysis of data from research and development projects.
- Work with biologists and computational scientist to create novel algorithms and data visualizations.
- Develop clinical diagnostic assays for pharmaceutical/academic partners.
- Maintenance and development of lab- and process automation applications.
- Assist in preparing publications and presenting analyses at external conferences.
We expect that you:
- Have a degree (MSc/Dipl. or PhD) in bioinformatics, computer science, or another relevant field.
- 1-3 years of experience from industry or academia is a plus.
- Have experience in data analysis or scientific computing environment (e.g. R, MATLAB, Python).
- Have good programming skills in languages like Python or Java.
- Experience with machine learning techniques is a plus.
- Have experience with NGS analysis pipeline development.
- Experience with cloud computing, hybrid environments, AWS is a plus.
- Are self-motivated and know how to prioritize and schedule your own very busy workday.
- Are comfortable with English in both speech and writing to allow close daily communication with colleagues locally and at the company’s facilities in USA.
- Have a high work ethic, a high energy level, and a developed sense of humor.
- A unique opportunity to be a part of a growing company developing cutting edge technologies for liquid biopsies in personalized medicine.
- A position in a small company where you will fill a lot of different roles and responsibilities, as well as the opportunity to have influence and freedom to organize your own work.
- A dynamic working environment with many opportunities for personal and professional development.
- An attractive location in the IZB campus in Martinsried near Munich.
At Exosome Diagnostics, we foster a dynamic, entrepreneurial approach to translating cutting edge science into real clinical products to benefit patients and doctors. Exosome Diagnostics is working to develop and commercialize biofluid-based molecular diagnostics based on a powerful new technology platform, offering the potential for significant corporate growth and enhanced career development. We encourage an honest exchange of ideas and a culture of collaboration within the company to help the exceptional people who work here to excel and to reach company goals. Learn more on www.exosomedx.com.
We use the Recruiter on Demand service of Constares GmbH to support the application process. Please use our online portal for your application.