LIMS Development and Automation Engineer  (Waltham, MA)
We are scaling operations at our Waltham facilities and seek an Automation Engineer who will help us define, expand and maintain our automated laboratory workflows and the supporting information systems (LIMS). This position requires a proactive individual who will quickly grasp big picture requirements and is equally capable of execution within a fast-paced environment of shifting priorities. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with excellent communication and organizational skills. This position is based in our Waltham location and will report directly to the Automation Lead.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of LIMS system supporting Dx and CDx applications including all integration points (clinician portal, automation, ERP)
• Assist with the development of clinician-facing portal for order placement and sample tracking
• Assist with the programming and maintenance of Hamilton robotic platforms for automation of Dx and CDx workflows, including but not limited to proprietary exosome extraction, qPCR, NGS
• Documentation of SOP’s for automated workflows
• Coordinate with our Quality team to validate LIMS and automated workflows
• Bachelor’s degree in any biological science or engineering discipline, MS preferred
• Excellent knowledge regarding the development and support of LIMS systems including design considerations and constraints
• Knowledge of at least one commercial LIMS environment
• Expert knowledge of at least one commercial liquid handling robotics platform, preferably Hamilton
• Must have extensive experience programming for robotics platforms
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices
• Demonstrable knowledge of at least one high-level programming language such as Java, Python, Ruby, etc.
• Familiarity with a diagnostic molecular biology laboratory and HIPAA requirements
Experience and Skills:
• 3+ years of experience developing and maintaining LIMS systems in support of diagnostic and/or companion diagnostic assays
• Experience with Sapio Sciences Exemplar LIMS is preferred, experience with more than one LIMS platform is desired
• 3+ years programming experience with a high-level language such as Java, Python, Ruby
• 3+ years of experience porting complex workflows onto automated/robotics platforms
• Experience with Hamilton robotics preferred
What we offer:
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• Exciting and engaging projects within a world-class team
• Excellent opportunities for professional growth
• An attractive location in the vibrant Boston community of biotech innovation and cutting-edge academic research.
At Exosome Diagnostics, we encourage honest exchange of ideas and a culture of collaboration within the company to help the exceptional people who work here excel to reach company and personal growth goals.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter (Word or PDF format) to email@example.com. Please put 2672886 Bos (LIMS Development and Automation Engineer) in the subject line.