Medical Science Liaison [CA111]– East, Diagnostics
Reports to: (Senior) Director, Medical Affairs
Date: Oct 19, 2015
At Exosome Diagnostics, we are focused on developing and commercializing revolutionary, biofluid-based diagnostics to deliver personalized precision healthcare that improves lives. Our diagnostics harness the power of exosomes, important cell messengers carried within biofluids, such as serum, plasma, urine, cerebrospinal fluid and saliva, that contain RNA, DNA and proteins from their cell of origin.
Using our best-in-class technology, we are developing breakthrough exosome-based diagnostics that can combine RNA analysis with DNA and protein analysis to deliver comprehensive and dynamic molecular insights. Our diagnostics are poised to radically transform how cancer and other serious diseases are detected, diagnosed, treated and monitored.
The Medical Science Liaisons play a vital role in initiating and sustaining an exchange of scientific information with key customers and internal teams. Key accountabilities include developing and enhancing a strong network of Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) to support the successful launch of ExosomeDx’s diagnostic assays. Activities include conducting scientific presentations to health care providers, in particular medical oncologists, surgeons, and pathologists, emphasizing the medical and scientific strengths and differences of our platform as well as with any future company development initiatives. The MSL will address scientific questions as well as promote and develop access to key thought leaders in their assigned region and utilize these relationships to collaborate where appropriate on educational and research opportunities.
- Develop and maintain contacts with external experts in accordance with the strategy developed by ExosomeDx to further understand and gain both insight and/or input into diagnostic and treatment patterns including the scientific activities taking place within relevant disease areas and the needs and prescribing patterns of health care providers.
- Conduct scientific presentations on the technology at various congresses, symposium, KOLs and to other relevant audiences.
- Address scientific questions in accordance and compliance with company policies and legal and ethical standards.
- Support medical affairs, R&D and commercial teams in the scientific aspects of the commercialized diagnostics.
- Find, vet and filter investigator initiated studies through the approval process, and monitor these studies as they progress.
- Partner with the sales and commercial teams to identify the medical needs for key accounts.
- Support training initiatives to the field sales force and other internal teams.
- Gather market intelligence on new products in development.
- Effectively collaborate with the Life Sciences commercial team as well as external partners of Nanostring.
- Help identify and develop KOLs that will support educational and research initiatives where appropriate.
- Work closely and proactively with the R&D team in new and ongoing company sponsored initiatives.
Requirements for the Position
- PharmD, PhD in the life sciences, MD Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with Oncologists (and Hematologists) on clinical studies.
- Prefer a demonstrated ability to manage and develop an assigned territory with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated history of establishing relationships with KOLs in the academic setting and the ability to easily and a peer-level communicate with the KTLs.
- 7+ years of successful experience in the pharmaceutical, medical diagnostics, or medical device with a history of clinical study design and management.
- Demonstrated customer centricity.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration with internal customers including sales team, the commercial team, and R&D.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills are required, both verbal and written.
- Highly motivated, energetic, focused on execution, and the ability to take ownership on decisions.
- An excellent team player that is able to manage others through influencing.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Ability to make effective presentations to audiences of various sizes and organizational levels
- Strong analytical and data management skills.
- Strong strategic, creative and conceptual thinking skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and other standard software programs (Word, Excel, Power point)
- Strong planning, organizational and facilitation skills
- Highly effective communication skills and ability to work with various stakeholders internally and externally
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50-70% of the time.
ExosomeDx provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. ExosomeDx is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include job number CA111 in the subject line of your email.