Office Manager / Receptionist [Ref 267633] – Waltham, MA
Exosome Diagnostics is a privately held company focused on developing and commercializing revolutionary biofluid-based diagnostics to deliver personalized precision healthcare that improves lives. Exosomes are messengers released by all living cells into biofluids, such as plasma/serum, urine, cerebrospinal fluid and saliva, forming a highly enriched source of RNA, DNA and proteins from their cell of origin. Our proprietary exosome-based technology platform can yield comprehensive and dynamic molecular insights about cells in the body without direct access to the actual cells. Through this novel technology, we are focused on transforming how cancer and other serious diseases are detected, diagnosed, treated and monitored. In 2016, we will launch multiple diagnostics, including liquid biopsy tests for lung, prostate and other solid tumor cancers.
As we are launching our commercial operations, we are seeking an Office Manager / Receptionist in our Cambridge headquarters to help us with our rapid growth. This position provides an opportunity to participate in a fast-growing entrepreneurial company that is bringing its proprietary technology into clinical service. The Office Manager provides administrative/reception services and assistance, of moderate complexity, requiring significant latitude of independent judgment and discretion on a frequent basis.
This individual will be responsible for projecting a professional company image through in-person, phone and written interactions. The Office Manager is accountable for maintaining decorum while ensuring the office is running smooth and efficiently. She/he will support the CEO and other senior level staff and others by multi-tasking with confidence, organizational ability and professionalism.
- Office management experience with comprehensive understanding of daily office operations in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain composure, exercise discretion and make sound professional judgments in rapidly changing situations
- Outstanding verbal / written communications and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Strong organizational skills as well as attention to detail with the ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Applications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and 3-5 years’ administrative experience
- Notary certification or willingness to obtain notary certification a plus
- Serves as front desk person, greeting visitors and answering phones, screening and directing calls (hours 8:30-5:30)
- Ensures upkeep of office space and coordinates office services; ensures reception area is always neat, clean and professional looking
- Manages procurement of all office and kitchen supplies for two locations, stationary, furniture, etc., maintaining inventory and managing costs
- Restocks break room and kitchen area with appropriate supplies
- Manages events, including company-wide events, in-office celebrations and office catering needs; assists with setup and cleanup for in-office events
- Manages regular and overnight mail services, both domestic and international
- Effectively manage CEO's calendar, travel schedule, and internal and external communication related to meetings, conference calls, invitations, event planning, board meetings, and interviews
- Creates PowerPoint slides, based on concepts and business plans, for the CEO, when requested
- Supports senior level staff with administrative support as requested
- Supports employee travel arrangements
- Assist with finance/accounting and benefits administration as needed
- Assist with contract filing as needed
- Act as primary person responsible for ensuring patent documentation received from our legal counsel are routed for proper signature, returned and filed as necessary
- General administrative duties (e.g., taking detailed notes, preparing meeting materials) and special projects with constantly moving priorities
What we offer:
- Competitive salary/ benefits package and an attractive location in the vibrant Boston/Waltham community of biotech and academic research
- Opportunities to enhance your career with an emerging organization poised for significant growth
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume (Word or PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put  Office Manager / Receptionist in the subject line. No phone calls and no agencies, please!