Scientific Associate, Business Development
At Exosome Diagnostics, we are focused on developing and commercializing revolutionary, biofluid-based diagnostics to deliver personalized precision healthcare that improves lives. Our diagnostics harness the power of exosomes, important cell messengers carried within biofluids, such as serum, plasma, urine, cerebrospinal fluid and saliva, that contain RNA, DNA and proteins from their cell of origin.
Using our best-in-class technology, we are developing breakthrough exosome-based diagnostics that can combine RNA analysis with DNA and protein analysis to deliver comprehensive and dynamic molecular insights. Our diagnostics are poised to radically transform how cancer and other serious diseases are detected, diagnosed, treated and monitored.
The Scientific Associate, Business Development will play a vital role supporting the Business Development/CDx Team. This position will report jointly to the Scientific Manager of the Business Development Team and to the Business Development Manager. Key accountabilities include handling logistical aspects of Pharma/CDx projects, developing and/or enhancing Scientific documents (SOWs, SOPs, presentations), Regulatory documents and Business Documents in support of Pharma/CDx projects in support the successful execution of CDx projects. Activities also include drafting and editing scientific and business presentations and marketing documents with the pharma audience in mind, assisting in CDx associated project management and oversight activities.
• Support Business Development activities, acting as a liaison who aligns the business activities with the scientific activities through communication of timelines, scopes, etc.
• Specifically reporting to the Scientific Manager and the Business Development Manager
• Prepare and/ or communicate presentations on the partnership pipeline and valuations of these partnerships.
• Supports the contract flow and organization of Business Development agreements.
• Support BD project management activities.
• Prepare and/or edit business and or scientific presentations on the technologies/projects for their relevant audiences.
• Prepare and/or edit SOWs based upon voice of customer feedback and Scientific Manager guidance.
• Effectively collaborate across Exosome Teams as well as external pharma partners.
• Assist in the identification and development of relationships with Pharma companies that will support BD initiatives where appropriate.
Requirements for the Position
• BS or BA in the life sciences or equivalent experience.
• Familiarity with molecular diagnostic technologies such as nucleic acid extraction, qPCR, dPCR, NGS library workflows and sequencing, as well as protein extraction and characterization.
• Experience working Customer facing, especially biotech and pharma based companies.
• Experience working in and with scientists in life sciences, especially diagnostics & liquid biopsy preferred.
• Prefer a demonstrated ability to develop and manage projects with minimal supervision.
• 1-2+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical, medical diagnostics, or start-up environment.
• Demonstrated customer centricity.
• Demonstrated strong collaboration with teams including business, commercial, regulatory and R&D.
• Highly effective communication and presentation skills are required, both verbal and written.
• Highly motivated, energetic, focused on execution, and the ability to take ownership on decisions.
• Strong project planning, organizational and facilitation skills.
• Ability to make effective presentations to audiences of various sizes and organizational levels.
• Strong analytical and data management skills.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and other standard software programs (Word, Excel, Power point), SalesForce a plus.
ExosomeDx provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. ExosomeDx is an equal opportunity employer.