Scientific Director [Ref 267723] - Cambridge, MA
This position will be responsible to lead the research and development efforts to develop commercially viable methods to utilize Exosome technology for cancer, neurodegenerative and other diseases. The candidate must have strong technical skills in the areas of qPCR and Next Generation Sequencing as well as a creative drive to solve challenging technical issues. The candidate must be capable to lead internal stakeholders and represent Exosome Diagnostics in a credible and professional manner to external collaborators, customers and thought leaders.
• Lead a team of research and assay development scientists to develop LDT/IVD product offerings using Exosome technology.
• Work closely with the scientist to outline experimental design to achieve goals
• Provide technical oversight in the assay development process
• Provide leadership in defining and in developing innovative solutions to achieve technology milestones and to impact product improvements and new product categories.
• Collaborate in multi-disciplinary project teams with Project Management, Development, Marketing, Process Development, Regulatory, etc.
• Drive the definition and implementation of an efficient, robust diagnostic product development process, which will result in the development of qualified commercial products.
• Work cross-functionally with counterparts to develop overall product development, research and technology strategy. Seek opportunities to leverage development and technology efforts across the business and allocate financial and human resources to ensure initiatives are supported.
• Drive accountability, consistency, quality, standardization and discipline across product development function and ensure completion of projects by managing to product development milestones according to project timelines and budget.
• Serve in a key leadership role in developing partnerships relevant with companies, institutions and key opinion leaders to leverage the strengths of each party to accelerate mutually beneficial research.
• Constantly strive to build world class product development, research and technology functions; recruit, retain and develop top technical and scientific talent.
Work experience and education
• Experience with and deep technical understanding of relevant technologies for sample extraction, target amplification, multiplex assay, qPCR, next generation sequencing detection and data processing required.
• PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry or relevant field of study with a minimum of 8 years of experience.
• Demonstrated technical proficiency, and ability to collaborate with others across functional disciplines.
• In depth scientific as well as technical knowledge of gene mutations and gene expression-profiling.
• Comprehensive understanding of unmet clinical needs where diagnostic technologies can provide valuable assistance to clinicians in the diagnosis and management of cancer.
What we offer:
• Competitive salary/ benefits package and an attractive location in the vibrant Boston/Cambridge community of biotech and academic research
• Opportunities to enhance your career with an emerging organization poised for significant growth
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume (Word or PDF format) to email@example.com. Please put  Scientific Director in the subject line. No phone calls and no agencies, please!
st be capable to lead internal stakeholders and represent Exosome Diagnostics in a credible and professional manner to external collaborators, customers and thought leaders.