Senior Bioinformatics Scientist [MBI05] - Munich/Martinsried
At Exosome Diagnostics we are looking for an experienced (Senior) Bioinformatics Scientist to act as a multi-role developer, analyst and software developer. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, can drive/own projects, and can collaborate effectively across the organization with colleagues both in the USA and Germany.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop clinical diagnostic assays for pharmaceutical/academic partners.
• Assist scientific staff with exploratory analysis of data from research and development projects.
• Adhere to and promote software development best practices and agile development cycles.
• Work with biologists and computational scientist to create novel algorithms and data visualizations.
• Assist in preparing publications and presenting analyses at external conferences.
We expect that you:
• Have a degree (MSc/Dipl. or PhD) in bioinformatics, computer science, or other relevant field.
• Have 1-3 years of industry/academic experience.
• Have extensive background developing NGS analysis pipelines and knowledge of best practices.
• Have experience in data analysis in a statistical or scientific computing environment (R, S, MATLAB).
• Have strong to excellent programming skills in Python/Ruby/C++/Java.
• Experience developing applications using cloud computing, hybrid environments, AWS is a plus.
• Have experience with machine learning techniques.
• Have experience using tools for agile development such as issue tracking, source control, and continuous integration.
• Are self-motivated and know how to prioritize and schedule your own very busy workday.
• Are comfortable with English in both speech and writing to allow close daily communication with colleagues locally and at the company’s facilities in USA.
• Have a high work ethic, a high energy level, and a developed sense of humor.
• A unique opportunity to be a part of a growing company developing cutting edge technologies for liquid biopsies in personalized medicine.
• A position in a small company where you will fill a lot of different roles and responsibilities, as well as the opportunity to have influence and freedom to organize your own work.
• A dynamic working environment with many opportunities for personal and professional development.
• An attractive location in the IZB campus in Martinsried near Munich.
At Exosome Diagnostics, we foster a dynamic, entrepreneurial approach to translating cutting edge science into real clinical products to benefit patients and doctors. Exosome Diagnostics is working to develop and commercialize biofluid-based molecular diagnostics based on a powerful new technology platform, offering the potential for significant corporate growth and enhanced career development. We encourage an honest exchange of ideas and a culture of collaboration within the company to help the exceptional people who work here to excel and to reach company goals. Learn more on www.exosomedx.com
Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter (Word or PDF format) to email@example.com with job number MBI05 included in the subject heading.