Senior Scientific Associate/Associate Scientific Manager, Business Development
At Exosome Diagnostics, we are focused on developing and commercializing revolutionary, biofluid-based diagnostics to deliver personalized precision healthcare that improves lives. Our diagnostics harness the power of exosomes, important cell messengers carried within biofluids, such as serum, plasma, urine, cerebrospinal fluid and saliva, that contain RNA, DNA and proteins from their cell of origin.
Using our best-in-class technology, we are developing breakthrough exosome-based diagnostics that can combine RNA analysis with DNA and protein analysis to deliver comprehensive and dynamic molecular insights. Our diagnostics are poised to radically transform how cancer and other serious diseases are detected, diagnosed, treated and monitored.
The Senior Scientific Associate, Business Development will play a vital role supporting the Scientific Manager within the Business Development/CDx Team. Key accountabilities include overseeing/assisting in logistical/project management aspects of Pharma/CDx projects, developing and/or enhancing SOWs, SOPs, and Regulatory documents as guided by the Scientific Manager, voice of customer, R&D Scientists and other ExoDx Departments, in support of the successful execution of CDx/Pharma projects. Activities also include drafting and editing scientific presentations and marketing documents with the pharma audience in mind.
• Support scientific aspects of Business Development activities, specifically reporting to the Scientific Manager.
• Interfacing across ExoDx departments involved in the scientific aspects of Pharma/Cdx projects.
• Prepare and/or edit scientific presentations on the technologies/projects for their relevant audiences.
• Prepare and/or edit SOWs based upon voice of customer feedback and Scientific Manager guidance.
• Prepare and/or edit SOPs and Regulatory documents in support of BD activities.
• Support BD project management activities.
• Effectively collaborate across Exosome Teams as well as external pharma partners.
• Assist in the identification and development of relationships with Pharma companies that will support BD initiatives where appropriate.
• Work closely and proactively with the R&D team in new and ongoing company sponsored initiatives.
Requirements for the Position
• BS or BA in the life sciences or equivalent experience.
• Familiarity with molecular diagnostic technologies such as nucleic acid extraction, qPCR, dPCR, NGS library workflows and sequencing, as well as protein extraction and characterization.
• Experience working Customer facing, especially biotech and pharma based companies.
• Experience working in and with scientists in life sciences, especially diagnostics & liquid biopsy preferred.
• Prefer a demonstrated ability to develop and manage projects with minimal supervision.
• 5+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical, medical diagnostics, or start-up environment.
• Demonstrated customer centricity.
• Demonstrated strong collaboration with teams including business, commercial, regulatory and R&D.
• Highly effective communication and presentation skills are required, both verbal and written.
• Highly motivated, energetic, focused on execution, and the ability to take ownership on decisions.
• Strong project planning, organizational and facilitation skills.
• Ability to make effective presentations to audiences of various sizes and organizational levels.
• Strong analytical and data management skills.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and other standard software programs (Word, Excel, Power point)
Exosome Dx provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. Exosome Dx is an equal opportunity employer.