Senior Scientist (Molecular Diagnostics/NGS)  (Waltham, MA)
Exosome Diagnostics is a privately held company focused on developing and commercializing revolutionary biofluid-based diagnostics to deliver personalized precision healthcare for improving lives. Exosomes are messengers released by all living cells into biofluids, such as plasma, serum, urine, cerebrospinal fluid and saliva, forming a highly enriched source of RNA, DNA and proteins from their cell of origin. Our proprietary exosome-based technology platform can yield comprehensive and dynamic molecular insights about cells in the body without direct access to the actual cells. Through this novel technology, we are focused on transforming how cancer and other serious diseases are detected, diagnosed, treated and monitored. To this end, we will launch multiple diagnostics, including liquid biopsy tests for solid tumors and other disease areas.
We are currently expanding R&D capacity in our Waltham facility and are seeking a Senior Scientist with experience in assay development, particularly in next generation sequencing and in nucleic acids area in general. This position provides a wonderful opportunity to participate in an entrepreneurial company growth with personal and professional development.
This position requires an individual with an entrepreneurial mindset who is adaptable and able to fill different roles and responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have experience in targeted sequencing and optimization of library preparation methods and will be highly organized with an eye for details and have excellent communication skills.
Key responsibilities include:
• Generating NGS libraries for sequencing of RNA and DNA.
• Developing work routines including automation and standard operating procedures.
• Developing custom assay products that could be validated in CLIA setting.
• Supporting custom projects for biomarker discovery.
• Reporting and documenting results and progress to colleagues and clients.
• PhD in a relevant scientific field and 5+ years of experience in a molecular biology laboratory, preferably in biotech industry.
• 3+ years of experience in next generation sequencing, including library preparations.
• Familiarity of various commercial NGS kits and technology landscape.
• Versed in human genetics and relevant databases.
• Prior experience working with biofluids is a plus.
• Prior experience working in a regulated environment is also a plus.
• Experienced with a variety of molecular biology techniques including nucleic acid extraction, amplification and detection.
• Self-motivated with the know how to prioritize and schedule multiple concurrent projects.
• Excellent communication skills and can implement technologies developed from R&D into a CLIA environment.
• Excellent work ethics with high-level of professionalism and integrity.
What we offer:
• Competitive salary and benefits package.
• An attractive location in the vibrant Boston community of biotech and academic research.
At Exosome Diagnostics, we encourage honest exchange of ideas and a culture of collaboration within the company to help the exceptional people who work here excel to reach company and personal growth goals.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume (Word or PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put 2677768 Bos (Senior Scientist NGS) in the subject line.